Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Walk In The Spirit ( Galatians 5:16 )

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:16

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flesh represents the things of this world that are temporary and really have no meaning. In addition their works have no part in heaven, but instead in the lake of fire.( Galatians 5:21 ). I know people always ask how do I keep from sinning ? Well, this verse would be the best answer. I'm not saying you won't ever make a mistake. For we all make mistakes( Romans 3:23 ) and have days where we feel unworthy to be called one of His children,but remember if you ask for His forgiveness He is just to forgive you( 1 John 1:9 ). Another thing to consider is , it is one thing to make a mistake it is another thing to willfully sin( James 4:17 ). You know I've found it so amazing how God does direct the paths of His own as we walk in the Spirit. I've noticed it myself in how I speak and how I act. I in no way am saying I'm perfect, but can testify and say how different I am today from 2 years ago. Remember we are not going to be perfect this side of heaven, but we should make every effort to conform ourselves to His image( Romans 12:2 ). We should make it our purpose everyday to get up and be more like Him and live and act according to His Word( 1 Corinthians 9:14 ).

Brothers and sisters I encourage you to continue walking in the Spirit. As we continue in this new year keep reaching out to people and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. This world we live in is hurting and in need of answers, and is crying out for the truth. Let us share the Truth and be the light( Matthew 5:16 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: