Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Lord Hears & Delivers The Righteous ( Psalm 34:17 )

The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Psalms 34:17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I've said many times, the book of Psalms is one of my favorite books in the Bible. In it covers a variety of emotions and topics. I love in this verse from the 34th psalm how it says that not only does He hear,but He delivers them out of all their troubles. Awesome isn't to know that God doesn't just rescue you from big troubles or major incidents,but all troubles. Now this doesn't mean we won't have to go through trials. It just simply means when we call on God when in trouble He will deliver us. See the difference between trouble and trial is that a trial is used for strengthening. Trouble on the other hand has no point, but just to tear us down and more than likely is danger and will likely cause us or others physical harm. Friends as I came across this verse tonight I thought man it is awesome to know we have the best 24 hour service ever. We never have to worry about it being down for maintenance, or getting a computer, or closed for weekends. In this reminds me of a lyrics from one of my favorite songs by Nicole C. Mullen. In the song " When I Call On Jesus" it call Him in the mornin',in the afternoon time, late in the evenin' He'll be there. I know that whenever I need to talk to God He is there. Regardless if it 3 in the morning or 12 noon, God always is there for me. Man I just can't emphasize this verse enough,but man when it says all troubles amen! I am so glad to know He is for me and if He is for me then who can be against me( Romans 8:31 ).

So brothers and sisters in Christ I encourage you whatever your going through big or small God is there with you. Pray for one another. I encourage you as we continue in this new year to continue reaching out to the lost. After all why should be ashamed of the gospel for in it is the power of salvation( Romans 1:16 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight ( Matthew 24:36 ) !


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: