Friday, January 16, 2009

God's Word Will Remain Forever ( Isaiah 40:8 )

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 40:8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I see how people cling to material items in society and it shocks me. They act as if when they die it goes with them. The truth of the matter is none of us brought nothing in this world and surely we will bring nothing out of this world ( 1 Timothy 6:7). When we pass on only our soul goes on to judgment( Hebrews 9:27 ). The prophet Isaiah puts it very clear here that the Word of God shall stand forever.Nothing else matters for without it, nothing else would exist.Jesus reminds the people of this by saying heaven and earth shall pass, but my Word shall not pass away( Luke 21:33 ). Once again stating all things shall pass,but the Word shall always be forever. Then I'm sure some lost people might say what about Jesus ? Well, remember Jesus is the Word made flesh( John 1:1-14 ).

You know for me the longer I walk with the Lord the less I desire to have the most updated things. Don't get me wrong it would nice to have some new stuff,but I find all satisfaction in God's Word and what He provides me. In fact last Christmas I got a laptop which I needed for school. I thank God cause He provided the money to be there for my parents to get it for me. Like I've stated before in my devotionals the Lord takes care of His own. David put it very well, he said I was young and now I'm old and never have I seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread(Psalm 37:25 ). No matter how rough times get we just need to focus on God. Don't tell God how big your storm is, instead tell the storm how big God is.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him ? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!


God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: