Thursday, January 8, 2009

Are You Thankful ? ( Hebrews 13:5-6 )

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Hebrews 13:5-6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The definition of covetousness is to excessively desire something that someone else has. Another words to not be satisfied. You know it never ceases to amaze me how people have to have the latest this and that despite how fine their current thing is. What really gets me is how people are always saying man I don't have this or why don't I have this? Another thing they may say is, if I had this life would be so much better or I could do much more. What so many people forget so often is the many blessings around them. When I got saved God opened my eyes and revealed just how blessed I am. He showed me how lucky I am to have parents who love me and support me, I'm alive and well, and everyday I continue to see new blessings. In fact for me I thanked God for a great blessing my grandmother being around another Christmas this past year. I know that it was because of God that she is here.

That is sometimes why I can gets sadden when I hear people talk about not getting the newest video game or shoe. They act like it is the end of the world. While they are so worried they won't get to play or be able to complete their outfit they are missing out on God's great blessings and gifts in life; family, friends, and little moments. Of course the greatest thing we can all always thank Him for is sending His son to die for us. Thanks to Jesus paying our debt on calvary we were able to receive eternal life through grace through faith( Ephesians 2:8-10 ). He didn't ask much, just believe( John 3:16 ), but I promise once you commit to Christ you will want to do more. Not because you have to,but because you will want to. One thing I've told people is I've found is the reason I want is this love I have for Him. I know love for He taught me love first when He showed His love towards me first.

In the sixth verse it talks about a boldness about not being afraid about what others will do to us. Another words we need not be afraid to what people will do to us for sharing the Word. Remember we have nothing to fear of those who can takes our lives,but instead need to fear them one who can kill both the body and soul in hell( Matthew 10:28 ). Friends don't let death or any other forms of intimidation scare you from sharing the Word. We are not to be lights under bushels,but instead held high proclaiming the good news of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the gift of Salvation He has for all.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: