Monday, January 12, 2009

Praise The Lord All My Days ( Psalm 146:1-2 )

Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Psalm 146:1-2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book of Psalms is one of my favorites as it covers so many emotions. From agony, confidences, praise, sorrow, and many others. Many of them written by David and from the context you can see that no matter what situation David was in he trusted God completely. I love in these two verse in the 146 psalm how David talks about praising the Lord as long as he lives. No matter what we go through in life we should praise God. For God is there both in times of pain and in joy.

I know people say how can I rejoice if I have lost someone to cancer. You can rejoice knowing they no longer suffer and are in better place where there are no disease, there is no grief, and no mourning. Remember as it is written all men are appointed one death and then on to judgment( Hebrews 9:27 ). The beautiful thing to know is once receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior when you die, really life doesn't end, but it continues in our heavenly home.

Friends we have so much to praise God for another day to see those we love(family and friends), another sunrise, losing five pounds, a smile from your baby, or even finding a dollar bill. Those are just a few and I'm sure you could think of many more. I encourage you praise God all the days of your life. Praise Him in the sun and the storms of life.

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him and cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He cares for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). Instead cast yourself upon His mercy( Luke 18:13 ). Remember He is waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him free you from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 ) ? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternal( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 ) !

God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: