Monday, October 27, 2008

Wait Patiently ( Psalm 40:1 )

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Psalm 40:1


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be patient and wait on the Lord for He is faithful to answer and deliver. I know waiting is not easy to do. As you can see today's society isn't a very patient society. You can see this through automated check out in stores, 1 hour photo and of course fast food. There are other examples, but you see my point no more are people willing to wait on things for very long. Sadly this trend has come upon people's prayer lives. They go in prayer to the Lord and just because they don't see an answer to their prayers instantly they think He didn't hear them.

Friends the truth is the Lord hears everyone of our prayers. The thing is our idea of Him answering versus how He answers them is really where the issue is. Just because we don't see the effect immediately doesn't mean we should lose hope. Like the verse says patiently wait for the Lord. Friends I've been praying for quite a while to find a girl that I can begin dating with the ultimate goal of it leading to the altar. Yet despite the fact I haven't began dating much less even talking to someone ,but still I trust the Lord. I know that right now He is continuing to bless me in my single life by preparing me. After all it does say in the Word that we are to trust in the Lord completely and not rely on our own understanding( Proverbs 3:5 ). That doesn't mean we are to be absent minded,but instead not worry how things will work out and just trust Him completely.

Friends I've seen things in my life and in my walk with Christ where He is preparing me for my future as one day a husband and father. One thing I always think of how He has shown me how to love. Through His Word He has shown me true love. Through it He has shown me what love really is. It is more than a four letter word, it is so much deeper. The apostle John said it well, to not just love in word,but in deed and in truth( 1 John 3:18 ). Like I have told the kids in the youth group I help with many times that I know love cause I was loved first. Through understanding the love God showed me, I've learned how to love others and one sweet day I will have the opportunity to share with a spouse.

So friends I encourage you to wait on the Lord patiently. I know sometimes it may seem like forever,but just hold on cause He is faithful( Hebrews 10:23 ). I promise if you wait on Him you will receive the blessings He has for you. Remember He knows the plans He has for you and those are prosperous( Jeremiah 29:11 ). Sure we may have trials to go through,but through them we will come out a better person( James 1:2-4 ).

For anyone reading this tonight who has not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and personal savior I invite you to do so. Ask Him into your heart and admit your a sinner in need of His forgiveness. Be real with Him ad cast all your worries, doubts, and fears at His feet, the feet of mercy for He does care for you( 1 Peter 5:7 ). Repent of your old ways and instead find your identity in Jesus Christ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ). Don't let your past or not being perfect get in the way( Psalm 103:12, Romans 3:23 ). He is patiently waiting on you with arms wide open( John 3:16 ). In those arms you will find love( John 15:13 ), mercy( Romans 5:6-8 ), forgiveness( 1 John 1:9 ), and a grace that is sufficient( 2 Corinthians 12:9 ). Will you choose Him? Will you let Him set you free from the bonds of sin( John 8:36 )? I encourage you to do so. This is the single greatest choice you will ever make. It is a matter of life and death, life and death eternally( John 3:18 ). Don't wait, make the choice tonight( Matthew 24:36 )!



God bless,
John W. Whybrew III <><

No comments: